The UNM Gateway program is designed for beginning freshmen students from New Mexico who do not immediately meet freshman admission requirements. If you have received an invitation to the UNM Gateway Program, we encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity to pursue your degree from the University of New Mexico.
UNM Gateway is a cooperative program with our neighboring community college partners and UNM branch campuses designed to ensure a participating student's success in college. Only New Mexico residents applying for admission as freshmen to UNM may be invited to participate in the Gateway Program. Upon successfully completing 24 credit hours of core curriculum at a partner campus, students continue their education on the UNM main campus with guaranteed * admission to the University of New Mexico and without having to reapply for admission.
Gateway participants will experience the benefits of a collaborative relationship that combines the strengths of the University of New Mexico with our Gateway Partner institutions (Central New Mexico Community College, Santa Fe Community College, NM Junior College, San Juan College and the UNM branch campuses). Participants apply for admission and enroll at the two-year college of their choice. While completing coursework at the Gateway partner institution, students enjoy the following benefits:
- Academic guidance from the community college
- Access to numerous state-of-the-art facilities at both institutions, including UNM libraries
- Participation in many academic and cultural events at both institutions
- Eligibility to live in UNM campus housing
- UNM's College Enrichment and Outreach Programs (CEOP) will provide:
- Academic advisement
- Assistance completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Special events hosted by CEOP (relaxation day, mock math finals, etc.)
- Workshops covering topics such as time management, career exploration and more
We want you to achieve your dream and we are committed to ensuring your success. Call (505) 277-8900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the UNM Gateway Program.
* Participation in the Gateway Program through UNM and its partner institutions does not guarantee admission to limited access majors.