Become a Lobo
We are looking forward to you joining the pack! You are going to be a part of a world-class university with boundless opportunities to build your future. To become a Lobo there are a few steps to take such as signing up for New Student Orientation and understanding your financial aid award. Below are resources to help you prepare to attend UNM.
Things to Keep in Mind
What’s next? If you’ve been admitted to UNM there are six steps to complete to join the pack:
- Create a NetID to gain access to your myUNM student account
- Complete your FAFSA
- Sign up for New Student Orientation
- Register for Housing
- Take Lobo Course Placement Exam prior to New Student Orientation
- Send your official high school transcript and official transcripts from colleges/universities in which you received dual credit to UNM Office of Admissions. An official copy can be sent to email@example.com
Download the Lobo Checklist
Important DatesFeb 2 - May 1 | Early Bird Registration for UNM Housing
May 20 | Accept UNM scholarships by May 20 in your myUNM account.
May 22 | Early Bird roommate selection for UNM Housing
June 8 | Early Bird room selection for UNM Housing
June 26 | Early Bird room assignments for UNM Housing
Aug 11 - 12 | Early move-in for UNM Housing
Aug 17 - Aug 20 | Residence Hall Check-In for Fall 2023
Visit the Lobo Library to view informational how-to videos about all the things you need to know as an admitted student.
Visit the Lobo Library to learn more about:
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- New Student Orientation
You'll be prompted to create an account to view the Lobo Library videos.
View Lobo Library Videos Now!
Get your questions answered about next steps.