Transfer Admissions Guidelines
Common Transfer Course Equivalencies
The "Transfer Course List" link will direct you to a listing of transfer courses from other Regionally Accredited Institutions starting July 2009 forward. This listing is not a complete record of all transferrable courses, but reflects some of the courses more commonly transferred to UNM. Please check with the appropriate UNM Academic Department for information on degree applicability of your transfer courses. If you do not see your course listed please send your course request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. An individual course-to-course "pre-evaluation" is not available. Prospective students need to apply to UNM, provide official transcripts from each institution attended and pay the application fee to have their transfer courses reviewed in full. This list is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice.
Transfer Course List
The minimum requirement for admission to UNM is a "C" average (2.00 on a 4.00 scale) in all transferable college work attempted. Individual colleges or programs may require a higher average for acceptance of transfers. Check the UNM Catalog for specific requirements.
- Completed application.
- $20 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- Domestic students with international coursework please follow the instructions in the section titled Submitting Academic Documents.
If you have fewer than 24 transferable hours, you are considered a transferring freshman. You must, therefore, submit high school credentials and also meet freshman admission requirements.
How to Transfer to the University of New Mexico
The University of New Mexico works closely with all New Mexico two-year institutions to ease your transition to UNM, and has developed transfer guides listing individual course equivalencies as well as specific program articulation agreements for these schools. In addition, the University participates in all statewide articulation initiatives.
Transfers from out-of-state institutions are welcome as well! While there are few established course equivalencies for out-of-state schools, all credits are evaluated according to the same institutional policies.
Wherever you're considering transferring from, we're very interested in assisting you in your desire to continue your undergraduate education at the University of New Mexico. We welcome you to utilize our various transfer guides and articulation agreements available here for your use.
NOTE: If you are transferring from a New Mexico college or university and are currently on the Lottery Success Scholarship, click here to obtain the form needed to transfer your scholarship to UNM.
- Transferring from a New Mexico college or university and are currently on the Lottery Success Scholarship, click here to obtain the form needed to transfer your scholarship to UNM.
- Admitted to UNM? If so, then you must attend an orientation program. For more information, click here.
- Once you are admitted, get connected - create a net ID at my.unm.edu to access your UNM admissions account with great information!