The Class of 2025
Here are Class of 2025 updates (April 8) to share with you:
- We plan to hold Fall 2021 classes. And, yes, this includes instruction in classrooms for which we will implement all necessary precautions. Conditions may change, but we are building the class schedule and so far 80% of fall semester classes will be held in person.
- The Summer and Fall schedules will be live on Monday, March 29! Get an idea of what classes are offered before you register at New Student Orientation.
- See UNM's plan for Bringing Back the Pack.
- Orientation. Reserve your spot for Fall 2021 New Student Orientation (NSO) at nso.unm.edu. The registration portal is now open.
- There are a number of virtual orientation sessions to choose from, and we are anticipating additional in-person orientation sessions as the summer approaches, as conditions allow.
- At orientation, you learn more about programs and services, but most importantly you'll meet with an academic adviser and get registered for classes. That's where the magic begins!
- NEW! Lobo Library! We have just developed and published something called,"Lobo Library" that has all kinds of resources and information for admitted students. It's a pre-New Student Orientation site (with an intro video from me) that you should check out at http://admissions.unm.edu/admitted/index.html
- Enrollment Deposit. We don't have one. When you accept your scholarship or register for New Student Orientation, it's our understanding that you plan to attend UNM! So do these things today!
- Cool Resources for Admitted Students
- UNM Class of 2025 Facebook Page. Admitted students can now join a Facebook group to talk with others, ask questions, and get to know your future classmates! This was created by admitted students, for admitted students. It's at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1044091252727356/.
- UNM Class of 2025 LoopChat. Paste it in your phone browser to open the app--and download the app--and join! Again, created by admitted students just like you. Check it out and start a conversation!
- Information Sessions. We are offering live information sessions online, every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 3:00pm MST. Register here and we’ll see you via video conference and answer your questions.
- Contact us. Admissions and enrollment staff and services are available online through live chat to help with many, many questions and processes. Try it!
- NEW! Safest states during COVID. New Mexico is number two, right after Alaska. Check it out here!
- Campus tours. We are now conducting in-person campus tours for NM residents M-W-F and you can sign-up here.
- We will begin campus tours for non-residents of New Mexico in about a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Until then, if you are in town and want to see campus, let me know and I'll arrange to show you around.
- We also have a couple of different virtual tours available here—one is the same tour you’d get in person, delivered by one of our student tour guides, and the other is a self-guided tour of important facilities and landmarks on the UNM campus.
- Housing. We do plan to open housing to students in the fall--again with appropriate precautions to ensure student health and safety. Apply for housing by May 1 for some great benefits.
- The plan is to begin roommate selections the first week of May. Then, assignments in early June.
- You can see photos and videos of the housing options online. And here's a pretty good video of student living at UNM!
- Resource Centers. Find your pack and get support by learning more about UNM’s Student Resource Centers.
- Financial Aid. The 2021-22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid or (FAFSA) is now available to complete. We are now in the process of packaging for next year and awards should be released soon!
- Parents. I know you read this page, too, so here's a link to our Parent and Family Programs you should check out. You can join a listserv and get important updates and info about resources.
I want you to join us for a world-class education at the University of New Mexico--a Carnegie Research I university, a national flagship, and named in the top 1.5% of all universities in the world by the Center for World University Rankings for 2019-2020. Great weather all year and nearly a hundred degree programs that will challenge you, prepare you for a career, and give you opportunities that are only afforded at a university like UNM.The future is bright and I promise an outstanding educational experience when you chose to attend the University of New Mexico--
Dan D. García
Vice President for Enrollment Management
The University of New Mexico