Skip to main content


UNM welcomes students transferring coursework earned at other institutions. Apply for admission as a transfer student if you have earned at least 24 semester credit hours at another college or university after completing high school. If all your college credit was earned through a dual enrollment program while in high school, you will be considered as a freshman applicant. Transfer applicants with less than 24 college credit hours should submit their high school transcripts and ACT or SAT scores as well as all college transcripts. Students who have completed at least 24 semester credit hours should provide only college transcripts. Use the Course Equivalencies link to see how your courses may transfer to UNM prior to admission. Once you are admitted, use the LOBO Trax Audit to see how your credits are applied to your UNM degree plan.

Admission Requirements - Students applying for admission to UNM with at least 24 transferrable credits must have at least a “C” average (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) in all transferrable college work attempted. Individual colleges or programs may have additional requirements. Please refer to the UNM Catalog for specific program requirements. Students applying for admission to UNM with fewer than 24 transferrable credit hours must meet both transfer and freshmen admission requirements. Applicants not offered admission to the University may request reconsideration of their application with new or additional information. Updated or more recent transcripts, new or additional test scores, recommendations, written statements from the applicant, or other considerations should be included with the applicant’s request for reconsideration. For priority consideration, apply by the following dates: Fall - June 15; Spring - November 15; Summer - May 1.


  1. Complete an application
  2. Pay the $25 non-refundable application fee
  3. Submit an official transcript from each college/university attended. Transcripts must be in a sealed envelope from the issuing college or school.
  4. If you have fewer than 24 transferrable credits, please send official high school transcripts (or GED scores) and ACT/SAT scores to UNM.
  5. U.S. residents with international coursework must submit official transcripts from the international institution in both English and the native language if other than English.
  6. If you use the web application you may check your admission status by returning to the application and entering the ID and PIN you created when completing your application. Contact the Admissions Office at 505.277.8900 or Chat with us if you have questions

After Admission

  1. Create your NetID at and establish your UNM Email address – this is the official form of communication from the university.
  2. Sign-up and attend an orientation program – you must attend an orientation program and meet with your academic advisor to be eligible to register for courses.
  3. If you are a current Lottery Success Scholarship recipient, submit the scholarship transfer transcript.
  4. Use LOBO Trax to review how credit from previous institutions has been applied toward your UNM degree. The LOBO Trax Degree Audit system will show you how officially transferred credit has been applied to your degree plan, as well as courses you should plan to take to fulfill remaining degree requirements.

Office of Admissions Contacts

Mailing Address:

PO Box 4895
Albuquerque, NM 87196-4895



Physical Location:

Student Support and Service Center
1155 University Blvd, SE
Albuquerque, NM 87131

General information & questions:

Send Transcripts & Records: