Transfer Course Equivalencies

Knowing how your course credits from institutions you have previously attended will transfer to UNM is an important part of planning your UNM degree. An official course evaluation will be completed once you apply for admission to a degree program. Before then, UNM’s Transfer Equivalency System (TES) can help you determine how your coursework from other institutions may transfer and be used as part of your UNM degree. The following instructions will help you review individual course equivalencies and build a list of your courses and their UNM equivalents:

Transfer Equivalencies

  1. Select the “Transfer Equivalencies” link above and look up your school by typing the name in the search tool at the top of the list, or use the Alphabetical Index to select the first letter of the school’s name, or scroll through the list to find your institution.

  2. Once you locate your institution, click on the arrow to the left of the school. This will open a new page with your college’s most current catalog. If you do not see your desired catalog year, select the “View All” link in the upper right corner to see additional catalogs.

  3. Click on “GUIDES” if you want to look up course by CORE CURRICULUM AREA or by TRANSFER AGREEMENT. Note: This option is currently available for New Mexico two-year institutions only.

  4. Click on “SEARCH” if you want to look up courses by “Course Code” for the transfer course or UNM course. If you have “TRANSFER COURSE” selected then you are looking up courses as they are listed at your transfer institution. If you have “HOME COURSE” selected then you are looking up courses as they are listed at UNM. If you click on “BOTH” your search will look for the course under both your transfer institution and UNM listings.

  5. Unsure how to read or interpret the information, try the T.E.S Instructions.

  6. Need help? Select the “Questions? Send us an email” icon in the lower left corner of the original T.E.S browser window.